Preparation time~ 15 mins
cooking time~ 30 minutes
Serves~ 3adults(12 pieces)
button mushrooms 10-12
potato 1 small;cooked & mashed /grated
chilli powder 3/4 tsp
cumin powder 1/2 tsp
cilantro chopped 1tbsp
all purpose flour 1/2 cup
corn flour 1/4 cup
pepper powder to taste
oil to fry
for manchurian sauce
ginger chopped 1tbsp
garlic chopped 1 tbsp
chilli sauce 1tbsp
tomato ketchup 1 tbsp
dark soy sauce 2 tsp /light soy sauce 4tsp
corn flour 1tbsp
water 2 tbsp
green chillies 3 chopped
cilantro chopped 2tbsp
green onions chopped 3stalk (whites & green separated)
sugar 1/2 tsp
- Wash the mushrooms under running water,drain quickly and wipe them dry with a paper towel.Remove the stems like we do for stuffed mushrooms.Keep the bulbs intact.Chop them fine and mix with grated or mashed potato,chilli powder,cumin powder,salt and coriander leaves(cilantro).Place this mixture in the bulb and fill all the remaining bulbs.
- Make a thick paste using all purpose flour(maida),corn starch,pepper powder to taste and salt lightly.
- Heat a pan with oil and wait till its hot.Dip the mushroom bulbs in the paste,carefully place the coated bulbs in oil with a spoon.Using a slotted spoon,turn and fry all sides.Drain on a paper towel,once lightly browned.
- Repeat the same step until you finish frying all mushroom bulbs.
- Heat another pan,add 2tbsp of oil.Add in the chopped ginger,garlic and green chillies.Saute until lightly browned,add the chopped white portion of green onions and cilantro chopped.
- Add in the sauces,sugar and saute again.Mix the corn starch in 2tbsp of water and then add to the pan.Mix well,finally add in the fried mushrooms.Toss for a minute and then switch off flame.
- Garnish with the chopped green onions.Serve with fried rice or jeera rice/plain rice !!
* I didn't add any salt in the gravy as the sauces contains salt and that was enough,you can add as per your tastes.
* I have used light soy sauce.
* The mushroom don't remain crisp once mixed with sauces so mixing the sauce should be done once you are ready to have the meal,it hardly takes any time to mix and serve.
MORE MUSHROOM RECIPES FROM THIS SPACE-
Cream of Mushroom soup
Mushroom Pepper Fry
Mushroom Butter Masala