Usually its the bleached flour or the wheat flour used for preparing cookies,but here I have used semolina as the binder.Semolina can be replaced with oats .Then comes the other two important ingredients dates and bananas. Bananas are always an easily moulded fruit in any form and are readily available at all times.The bananas with dates modified into cookies is a very easy snack for moms to prepare and a healthy one for pranky ones.I have not added sugar as banana and dates are sweet.These cookies are very soft ones and they can be named as chewy cookies as well.My kids enjoyed them a lot but regarding the storage part ,I think it cannot be stored for more than 2 days.
semolina/sooji 1 1/2 cups (you can replace it with oats)
ripe bananas 3 mashed
dates 3/4 cup
baking soda 1/2 tsp
sugar 2tsp (if required)vegetable oil 1/3 cup
- Mash the bananas without adding water in a blender to a smooth paste.
- Chop the dates to small bits and keep aside.
- Mix the sooji and baking soda ,add the wet ingredients .mix well.
- Add the chopped dates.
- Line a tray with parchment paper and place the mix with a spoon 2'' apart.
- Pre heat oven to 350 degrees and place the tray.
- Bake for 20 minutes or till the tooth pick comes out clean when inserted in the centre of a cookie.
- Cool it down completely and store in air tight containers for 2-3 days.
Servings 15 cookies