The word 'taco' refers to a mexican dish prepared by fried corn tortillas folded in with meat or cheese fillings.The fillings vary with versality and variety like beef,chicken,sea foods,cheese.The top is garnished with salsa ,guacamole,cilantro,onion,tomatoes ,lettuce and shredded cheese.But I just modified the actual recipe by replacing the corn tortillas and used wheat flour ,prepared chapatis.The filling also was modified according to our taste.You can use any type of sausages as per your taste.The tacos were very good, and this can be used as a filling snack for kids or as a breakfast recipe.
wheat flour 1 1/2 cups
sausage 4 round cut (I used chicken franks)
onion 1 chopped
tomato 1 chopped
cilantro 4 sprigs
ginger garlic paste 3/4 tsp
chilly powder 1/2 tsp
garam masala 1/2 tsp
pepper powder 1/2 tsp
turmeric powder 1/4 tsp
tomato sauce - 1 1/2 tsp
soy sauce - 1 tsp
salt (add less as sausage has salt in it)
oil 3 tsp
For the filling-
- Sift the flour and add salt.Knead the dough as for chapati and keep aside.
- Place a non stick pan and add oil in it.
- Saute the onions till light brown till 4 minutes.
- Add the tomato chopped and cook till its mushy.Add the ginger garlic paste, cilantro to it.
- Add the spices and sauces ,saute on low flame.
- Add in the sausages,give a quick toss.
- Cover cooked for 7-8 minutes on medium flame till its coated with the spices.
- Heat another frying pan or tawa.
- Prepare small balls and roll each ball into a chapati using a rolling pin.
- Fry the chapati on the tawa,and repeat for every chapati.
- Place the taco mix in each chapati and serve hot JLT !!!
Servings ~10 chapatis
* You can add lettuce ,onions to garnish and shredded cheese as well.(My kids donot like the taste of these,so I just avoided them)
* You can also add your spices and sauces as per taste,no hard rules.
Sending this to Food palette Series hosted by Torview Toronto