Honey chicken,a quick appetizer and a delicious one.Though there are many who may not like the flavors of honey with chicken because of the sweetness but this chicken has very mild flavors of honey and a very easy one to prepare.My family just loves this chicken and the best part is that there is not much efforts to cook up this recipe and serve your guests in no time.This is not the actual recipe to the chinese style but sure there is some similarities too.So,enjoy making this at home :)
chicken 450gms /1 lb
honey 3/4 tbsp
red chilly flakes 1 tsp
chilly powder 1tsp
ginger garlic paste 1 tsp
lime juice 1tbsp
soy sauce 2tbsp(refer notes)
salt as needed
oil 2 tbsp
-Wash and drain all the water from chicken in a colander.
-Add the chicken in a bowl and add all the ingredients listed except oil ,mix well.Marinate for about half -1 hour.
-Heat oil in a non stick pan,Add the marinated chicken with marinade.Toss it well.
-Cover & cook for about 15 minutes.The water oozes out from chicken,Cook uncovered then.
-Dry up the water completely and then transfer to a serving plate.
-Garnish with spring onion and sesame seeds,Serve:)
Servings ~ 3 adults
* Leave it marinated atleast for half an hour so that the sauces seep in thoroughly.
* Don't add any water when you cook chicken.
* The chicken has a very mild flavor of honey.
* I have used light soy sauce and so added 4tbsp but you have to use dark soy sauce to get a darker color.
* I have used boneless chicken thighs for the recipe.