puff pastry sheet 2 thawed
egg white to brush
onion sliced thin 1 1/2
ginger-garlic paste 1tsp
beans sliced thin 1/2 cup
carrots chopped small 2
potatoes boiled & small cubed 2
frozen peas 1 cup
garam masala 1/2 tsp
pepper powder 1 tsp(alter upon your taste)
turmeric powder 1/2tsp
cilantro 4-5 sprigs chopped
- Thaw the puff pastry sheets as per packet instructions.
- Prepare the filling- Boil the potatoes with salt and cut small cubes,keep aside.Heat oil in a pan and saute onion till golden brown,add in the ginger garlic paste.Saute till raw smell disappears.Add in the spice powders.Add in the thinly sliced beans,carrots.Toss well,add salt and cook covered until 5-6 mins on medium flame.Uncover lid,add in the frozen peas.Mix well,adjust salt.Cook till the veggies are tender and oil separates.Add in the cubed cooked potatoes,mix well.Put off flame & let it cool.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F and line a tray with parchment paper.
- Cut the thawed sheet in 9 pieces or 6 pieces (rectangular /square) depending on your preference.Fill each piece with filling and seal the edges with water and using a fork press down the sides so that a nice crimp appears and the sides are sealed good.Place on a tray lined with parchment paper.
- Repeat till you finish all the sheets,Brush the top with egg wash and refrigerate for 15 mins covered with cling wrap before popping in the oven.
- Remove cling wrap and place in the oven and bake for 15 minutes.Remove from oven and let it cool on sheet for 10 minutes.Serve warm with ketchup !!
* Popping the prepared puffs back in the refrigerator helps the butter in the puff pastry sheets to solidify and so puffs up very good once put in the oven.
* You can also check out how to make puff pastry sheets at home.
Check out other puff pastry sheet recipes:
* Chicken Puffs
* Sweet Moong Dal puffs
* Savory Tarts
* Pin Wheel Dates Cookies
* Puff Pastry Croissants
* Nutella Palmiers