wheat flour 2 cups
baking powder 2tsp
baking soda 1/2 tsp
salt 1/4 tsp
granulated white sugar 1/2 cup
blueberries,fresh 1 cup
vanilla extract 1 tsp
yogurt,low fat or full fat 1 cup
milk 1/3 cup
oil,any 1/2 cup
- Wash the blueberries under running water.Toss the blueberries in 1tbsp of flour and set aside.
- Sift the wheat flour,baking powder,baking soda and salt twice or thrice so that the flour is aerated and the baking powder and baking soda gets evenly distributed.
- Whip the yogurt with granulated sugar until the sugar is dissolved with a wire whisk.Add in the oil and vanilla extract.Keep ready.
- Add the wet ingredients mix with dry ingredients and incorporate well with a spatula.
- Pre heat oven to 375 degrees F and line a muffin pan with 12 paper liners.
- Add in milk slowly(1tbsp each) and keep mixing if the dough turns too thick.I added the whole 1/3 cup milk,you can always add as desired.The batter should be thick but not very very thick and unlike other batter for cake it shouldn't be of ribbon consistency.
- Toss the blue berries and mix to incorporate but don't let the blueberries get mashed up.
- Scoop the batter in each muffin liner upto 3/4 full and repeat until you finish filling all muffins.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 15-20 mins or until the tooth pick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool on wire rack and serve !!!
* You can use all purpose flour/maida for the same recipe but reduce the baking powder to 1 1/4 tsp rather than 2tsp.
* I have used regular atta flour that we use for making chapathis.
* If you wish the butter flavor,replace oil with butter.1/2 cup of oil is 1 stick butter.
Coconut-Pineapple Tropical muffins
Vanilla Chocolate Layer Muffins
Ice cream Cupcakes
Lemon chocolate chip Muffins
Eggless Apple Cinnamon Muffins
Cottage cheese- Egg Muffins