Preparation time~20 minutes
Grinding time~10 minutes
Serves ~ 1 1/4 cup for 1 cup quinoa seeds
quinoa,uncooked 1 cup
- Wash and rinse the quinoa by placing it in a fine mesh(so that the seeds don't flow out) to remove the saponin if any left out.
- Shake of any excess water from the seeds or spread on layers of paper towel to absorb water from the rinsed seeds.
- Pre heat oven to 350 degrees F and spread the rinsed quinoa on a rimmed baking sheet.Place in oven and toast for 12-15 mins and mixing,re spreading half way so that its toasted evenly.The seeds may turn slightly golden and fragrant.
- Remove from oven,slightly cool and grind in a coffee grinder or heavy duty mixer until smooth.(I sieved the mixture to get fine flour too.)
- Store in air tight containers until use upto 6 months or freeze for a year.
* You can toast the seeds in a skillet too instead of oven by frequently stirring until the seeds starts to pop.