Pasted chicken is yet another delightful recipe and in other words can be called as roasted chicken because of the colour and taste.The speciality of this chicken is there is no chilly powder or coriander powder as with the normal routine. The pasted chicken as the name suggests is a recipe in which the ingredients are made into a paste and the chicken is added to this and cooked.I prepared it with boneless chicken ,you can use chicken with bones too but preferably small pieces.All relished this recipe a lot esp my son who bis a fan of chicken recipes :-)
onion 1 1/2 medium
tomato 1 1/2 medium
green chilli 4
garlic 4 pods
turmeric powder 1/4 tsp
pepper powder 1 tsp
fennel seeds 1/2 tsp
garam masala 1/2 tsp
cashews 1/4 cup
oil 5 tsp
- Grind all the ingredients listed and make a smooth paste.
|the ground paste|
- Heat oil in a wok or kadai and add 2 tsp of oil in it.Add the ground paste and saute for 3 mins till the raw smell disappears.
- Add the chicken pieces and turmeric powder,salt.(Donot add water)
- Cover cooked till 15 mins in medium heat and then dry up the whole contents till the masala coats the chicken pieces.
- Heat the remaning oil in another pan and add cashew nuts and fry ,then add fennel seeds.
- Add the pepper powder on medium heat ,and the chopped cilantro.
- Then add the coated chicken with masala and give a quick toss.
- The pasted chicken is ready to serve with rice or chapatis.