How many likes for pizzzzaaaa??I know there are lot many including me.How about a pizza muffins or muffins that taste with the flavors of pizza?? Sounds interesting,ryt?Though I have tried making pizza at home(listed below) but this is a much simpler recipe and is a bit different from the actual pizza.Kids will love these smaller individual portions and this recipe makes it easier for large gatherings or kids play dates.This definitely is a crowd pleaser when topped with pizza sauce.Try out these small pops & Enjoy !!
all purpose flour 1 cup
whole wheat flour 1/2 cup
baking powder 2 tsp
italian seasoning 1/2 tsp
red bell pepper chopped 1/2 of 1 or 1/2 cup
jumbo olives,round sliced 1/3 cup
salt 1/4 tsp
cheddar cheese 1/2 cup
milk 1/2 cup
oil 1/2 cup
mozarella cheese 1/2 cup
pizza sauce or pasta sauce as required
- Pre heat oven to 375 degrees F.In a large bowl,whisk together flours,baking powder,italian seasoning & salt.make a well in the center.
- Pour the oil,milk and eggs in the well.Stir until just moistened.
- Stir in the cheddar cheese,olives and chopped red bell pepper(Reserve 1tbsp each of red bell pepper & 1tbsp of olives).Divide among 12 muffins cups or oil sprayed muffin tray.
- Top it with mozarella cheese,reserved red bell pepper and olives.Bake in pre heated oven for 20-25 minutes or until the tops are firm.(mine took 25 mins)
- Cool on wire rack and run a sharp knife or spatula along the sides of muffin and gently remove on a plate.
- Serve warm with pizza sauce !!
Serves ~ 12 muffins
* You can use same cheese for mixing and topping.
* You can use all purpose flour alone too.
* You can use any kind of topping other than red bell pepper and olives.
Pizza Pull Apart Bread
Whole wheat pizza with tofu & mushroom
Chicken tikka Pizza
Soft Garlicky Bread sticks
Cottage Cheese-Egg Muffins