Resting time~overnight+ 45 minutes
Baking time~ 10 minutes
bread flour 1 cup
granulated sugar 1/8 cup(2tbsp)
salt 1/4 tsp
instant yeast 1 1/8 tsp
unsalted cold butter 5.5 tbsp(77g)
grated orange zest from one orange
rose water /orange blossom water 1 tsp
whole milk 1/2 tbsp
- In a bowl,combine the bread flour,salt,sugar,yeast and eggs.Mix well using hand or kitchen aid mixer using dough hook.
- Mix everything until combined,knead well to develop gluten may be 10-15 minutes(when the dough leaves the sides of the bowl and pass the *window pane test).
- Add in the cold diced butter and mix well,until its well incorporated.
- Then add orange zest and rose water,mix again to get a shiny,smooth & sticky dough.
- Lightly grease a medium bowl,transfer the dough to bowl.Cover with plastic wrap covered directly on the surface of the dough(to prevent skin from forming).It may take 1 1/2 hours for the dough to rise or become double in size.
- Remove the wrap and punch down the dough by folding.Cover the dough again by plastic wrap pressed directly on the surface.Refrigerate overnight to relax the gluten.
- When you are ready to bake,transfer the dough to lightly floured surface and divide the dough in small pieces and shape in rolls/balls.
- Grease the muffin tray,transfer the shaped rolls.Set aside for 45 minutes-1 hour until the rolls are puffed up.In the last 15 minutes of proofing,preheat your oven to 400 degrees F/205 degree C.
- After one hour brush the brioche rolls with egg wash.Bake them for 10 minutes until golden brown on top.
- Leave the brioche in pan for 5 mins and then carefully remove from pan by sliding a knife in the sides of each brioche.
- Serve just like that or with a jam or nutella spread.
* If you don't have bread flour,then add 1tsp of vital wheat gluten to the remaining all purpose flour(maida) to make a cup of bread flour.
* Window pane test is when you pull the dough using your fingers it thins out and doesn't break(like a rubber band).The dough looks like seeing through a sheet.
Enjoy the yummy spread !!