Back to blogging,after the joyful weekend.I hope all had a great weekend too!!!
Yellow squash and green squash are two veggies which always tempted me a lot here.They are not very common in India but here you find it very common..Earlier I had prepared the Green squash curry in a different way,click here to see that recipe. This recipe was a different one;the yellow squash with potato is a great combo n goes well with our staple foods. Though the recipe is very simple ,I thought of sharing the different combo with all.
potato cube sized 1
onion 1 sliced
tomato 1 chopped
ginger garlic paste 1 tsp
chilly powder 1tsp
coriander powder 1tsp
turmeric powder 1/4 tsp
garam masala 1/2 tsp
- Peel and cut both potato n yellow squash,place in a microwave safe bowls.
- Microwave potato on high for 5 minutes adding salt n turmeric powder.
- Add the squash to it and microwave again for 3 minutes.
- Place an iron skillet and saute onions for 2 minutes.
- Add the ginger garlic paste and saute till raw smell goes off.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and cook for 2 minutes covered.
- Add all the spices and toss.
- Add the potatoes and squash along with the cooked water.
- Cook covered for 5minutes to blend spices.
- Yellow squash potato curry is ready to serve.
Servings 3 adults