whole wheat flour 2 cups
baking powder 2 tsp
baking soda 1/2 tsp
salt a pinch
water 1 cup
oil 1/2 cup
vanilla extract 1 tsp
chopped walnuts 1/2 cup
granulated sugar 1/2 cup
milk 1 cup
chopped dates 1 cup or 20 pitted
coffee powder 2 tsp
- Boil the milk and add the coffee powder,stir well.Add the chopped dates in it and leave for half an hour until its very well soaked.Grind this mix in a blender and puree to a smooth paste.
|(few steps of preparing)|
- Sift the flours,baking powder,baking soda and salt twice to mix well.Add the pureed mix,oil,vanilla extract and give a nice stir until incorporated.Add water little by little till you get the right consistency and keep mixing.Add more water if required or reduce the water if lesser required.
- Pre heat oven to 350 degrees F or 180 degrees C and line a muffin tray with paper liners.
- Add in the chopped walnuts(reserve about 1-2 tbsp),give a quick stir.Using an ice cream scoop or spoon,add spoonful of batter in each paper liners.
- Garnish the top with reserved walnuts and bake in pre heated oven for 25-30 mins.
- Remove from oven and cool on wire rack.Serve or refrigerate left overs.
Yields~ 12 muffins
* You can add butter (1 stick) for richer taste.
* You can skip adding the granulated sugar,have tried that way too.The muffins are mildly sweet with the sweetness of dates.Check the taste of batter before scooping in muffin cups and add more sugar if that suits your sweet tooth.
* Add honey to replace granulated sugar too.
* Using the same amount of ingredients,you can bake a cake in a 13*9 pan.
Eggless Dates Cake
Banana Dates Walnut Cake