Peanuts are a very versatile kind of legume which has many recipes to its credit.One such recipe is this simple peanut chutney.I was trying this for the first time though had it in restaurants(as I was short of coconut),but it was a new flavor and the chutney is very thick.Its very tasty almost similar to coconut chutney in looks with idlis or dosas,and many of my friends do know about this too.I added the mint leaves too to enhance the aroma and helpful in easy digestion.If there is someone yet to try this,please do try this out n enjoy !!
Peanuts 1/2 cup
mint leaves 3tsp chopped
green chillies 3 chopped
garlic 1 clove (optional)
pearl onion 4-5 sliced
lemon juice 2tsp
water as required
mustard 1/2 tsp
red dry chillies 3
- Soak the peanuts in hot water for 10- 15 minutes and blanch them by rubbing it with your hands.OR You can just dry roast them without any oil and remove the skin by putting it in a towel and rubbing your hands upon it,remove the skin and keep aside.
- Put the peanuts ,mint leaves,green chillies,pearl onion,garlic clove,and salt in a blender and blend it till smooth.
- Adjust the salt and add sugar to it ,just blend again for a minute.
- Remove from blender and add in the lemon juice.
- Temper the chutney by heating oil in a pan and splutter mustard seeds,red dry chillies and curry leaves.Add it to the chutney and serve with idlis or dosas!!
Sending this to I'm The star, CC- Vegan Diet (Plant based), Only South Indian ,Bon Vivant- Savory Moments , Show me your HITS