Chick peas curry or chole masala makes a great combo with bhaturas.Each one has their own version of making this tempting masala.This is my version of preparing the protein rich chole masala.My family loves this a lot and so am sharing this with you,guys.Do try and hope you enjoy it!!!
chick peas/chole/garbanzo beans/kabuli chana 3cups
onion 1 large sliced ,half moon
tomato small 2 chopped
ginger garlic paste or crushed ginger & garlic 2 tsp
turmeric powder 1/2 tsp
kashmiri chilly powder 2 tsp
garam masala 1 tsp
cumin powder 1/2 tsp
pepper powder 1/4 tsp(optional)
cilantro chopped 3 tbsp
salt to taste
- Soak the chick peas for about 5-6 hours in water or overnight.Pressure cook the chick peas for 3 whistles or until cooked ,adding turmeric and salt.
- Heat oil in another skillet and saute ginger garlic paste and stir till the raw smell vanishes.Add onion until lightly browned,takes about 5-6 mins.Add the spice powders and tomatoes.Keep stirring until the tomatoes turn mushy.Saute on low flame and add the stock water left out in cooker.Bring this to boil and adjust salt.
- Let the mixture thicken and then transfer this mixture to the cooker again with the cooked chick peas.Add the chopped cilantro.Pressure cook for 1 whistle
- Wait till the pressure is released,tasty chole masala is ready to serve.
- Serve hot with bhaturas or rotis.