Today's recipe is sausage gravy in desi style.I got confused to name it,anyways after reading the recipe you may feel the title is apt .The most flavourful part is that the addition of kasoori methi .The recipe goes good with steamed rice and chapatis too.
sausages 4 (I usually buy the turkey flanks ,you may use your preferred one)
onion 1 sliced
tomato 2 chopped
ginger garlic paste 1 tsp
chilly powder 3/4 tsp
coriander powder 1tsp
cilantro 4 sprigs
kasoori methi 1 1/2 tsp
fennel seeds 1/2 tsp
cinnamon 1'' stick
- Thaw the sausages at room temperature and cut into circular pieces of your desired sizes preferably small so that the masala can get into it.Take a fork and poke 2-3 times on each piece.
- Grind the marination mix and coat the sausages.keep for half an hour.
- In the mean time ,place an iron skillet on flame,heat oil in it.
- Add the onions and saute for 2 minutes.
- Add the ginger garlic paste and then the tomatoes.
- Add the spices at low flame and toss.
- Add the marinated sausages and pour 1/2 cup of water.
- Cook covered for 10 minutes.
- Cook uncovered 5 more minutes.
- Garnish with curry leaves and cilantro.
- Flavourful sausage gravy is ready.
Servings 3 adults