Dates are very high in fibre,cholestrol free fruit.They are also rich in anti-oxidants such as tannins(anti- infective,anti-inflammatory and anti-haemorrhagic) and good source of beta-carotene (protection against many cancers).Dates also act as laxative.They are rich in vitamin B complex.They are an excellent source of minerals like iron,calcium,manganese,potassium.
Fresh date is made of soft ,easily digestible flesh with simple sugars like fructose and dextrose that when eaten replenishes energy and revitalises the body instantly.So many good things of dates but the only drawback is it is not suitable for diabetics as it contains more sugars.Nuts and dates are a great combo,and if they are made into laddus ,you will find the platter empty within no time.My kids just loved it.Its a great way to feed them the combo.The recipe is very simple and a tasty one.
dates 15-20 deseeded
almond 1/3 cup cut pieces
pistachios 1/3 cup cut small
cashewnut 1/3 cup
sunflower seeds 1/3 cup
cake fruit mix 1/3 cup(optional)
sugar 2 tsp(optional)
- Chop all nuts into small pieces.
- Chop the dates into small.
- Heat ghee in a pan ,roast all the nuts.
- Add the cake fruit mix and toss.
- Add the dates and keep stirring, till it starts melting.
- Add the sugar and stir well.
- Put off the flame and shape into balls when warm.
- Dates laddu is ready to serve.